Shamian Island

On Shamian Island, there are a bunch of little shops set up which carry items that most adoptive parents buy, because most adoptive parents from the US usually stay at the White Swan hotel located here. I guess the hotel was booked when they tried to get us in so we are not staying there. However, the guide is bringing us here each day to shop. John and I have the bartering thing down and we didn't even know it. We just do what we do in a normal store: be hesitant. They come down in price when they see we're interested but hesitant. John got an interesting item from the 7-Eleven shop you see here... Sprite On Fire (Ginger Sprite).
This evening we went on the Pearl River Cruise. There was a dinner buffet but I felt a little ill so I held the baby while John tried new dishes. He didn't try the duck tongue...I guess even HE has his limitations. The girls and I had Pizza Hut later in our room.

1 Comments:
Hello!!
I found your blog by searching blogger for yuanling, china. we on the same journey at the same time. our daughter is from yuanling. we left LA on 8/3 and arrived back in kansas on 8/20. our appt. at the provincial office in changsha was monday, 8/8 and our daughter has a matching dress, pink with multicolored boxes on it - all the girls in our group had those dresses.
check out our blog, drop us an email if you ever read this.
Post a Comment
<< Home