Adoption News

Local Time

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Made it to Shenyang

I made it. Normally, that would be the end of my post but my wife wants details.

The flight from Boise to Seattle went smoothly except that our flight attendants were the notorious "Montana Grandmas". They would provide useful information such as why it is a lavatory on a plane instead of a bathroom. 1) there is no bath and 2) there is no room. (hehe). Personally, I think they belong to some obscure Montana biker gang.

Got to Seattle and sat around.

From Seattle to Beijing is only an eleven hour flight. The "On Demand" feature wasn't working on my video display so my only option was to repeatedly watch "Sleepless in Seattle". I could kick myself--had I been thinking straight I could've watched it at least 5 times. Instead I elected to sit and meditate.

Flight to Shenyang was delayed because it snowed up there. They dumped us off at a hotel for a couple of hours where I took a quick nap. Herded us all up and got into Shenyang at 1:30am and finally to the hotel at 3am. I hope Andon doesn't mind if I take a nap tomorrow. I'll try to get some pictures up later.

3 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Ash said...

Bless you John. Your post was great. :o) We can not wait to see some pictures. Atleast they gave you a room to take a nap in... and oh my snow. I had no idea!
ash and james

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Aus said...

John - you are a Mensch! (OK - german word - but it's printable on the Internet - a Man with all the connotation of a 'real man') I don't know if I'd be strong enough to undertake what you are doing....but dang proud of ya!

Looking forward to following your adventure - Baba to Baba!

aus and family

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Carmi said...

Glad you are safely there.

Carmi (Dalian Group)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter