Adoption News

Local Time

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

LOA! LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE

We were able to sign our Letter of Acceptance (the letter which states that we absolutely want to adopt this child) on October 4, which is a whole month early. This actually means that we will be able to travel to get Bowen in mid-November. We're thinking sometime around the 15th or the 19th. We are only waiting for our travel approval now. That should come around the 29th of October.

While signing the LOA we found that we had the Pinyin of his Chinese name spelled wrong. His Chinese name is Cao Xiao Xian (instead of Xuan). Because of this error we have now been able to look up the meaning of the characters and find what his Chinese name means. It means "Little Bow String." What fun, to think that we are giving him the American name Bowen! We will try to ask while we are there the reason for his name.

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Michelle -- I pray you get to travel at that time -- I have two friends from about a mile from me who are leaving, I believe, on November 14 to get their little ones in Nanning. It would be cool if you could all meet! I'll check your post soon to hear about your TA -- God bless -- Ellen

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Becca Brown said...

Michelle--I am so happy for you. It seems like things are falling into place perfectly. What a wonderful time for your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter