Guangzhou
We went out to a Korean restaurant. I know what we'll be doing for our next family pizza night--can you say kimchi pizza?
I also learned a few more creatures Andon has been nurturing at school. He's cared for catepillars into butterflies, and also dragonflies and has been feeding one or two bats. I've noticed when I'm flipping through the channels on the TV that he prefers the animal shows especially snakes and alligators.
He was very excited to fly on an airplane. He kept wanting to get into line. We sat by a Chinese man who was very nice. Andon kept asking him questions about how the plane worked. The man explained it very well from what I could tell. Kinda wish I could've taught my boy about airplanes but I probably would've just told him that it was because of stolen alien technology.
I wish I would've tried to learn Chinese more. But as it is, I can't even pronounce 4 correctly. Andon has these deep conversations with the other passengers and I can pick a word or two out but otherwise I'm clueless. I think Andon feels sorry for me cuz every once and a while he'll turn to me a jiggle my belly and laugh--er, I mean he'd punch me in my six pack and grunt.
They showed Speed Racer for the movie. Andon laughed his head off.
It's very refreshing to see someone so excited about flying. Should've seen the grin on his face once the plane started going. It's too bad that the flight to the United States will crush any of the excitement out of him for flying. Very much like the first time you learned that Santa Claus is using stolen alien technology to run the North Pole.
Did I mention that this was another 4 hour trip?

1 Comments:
Afternoon John - ya know - you might really be onto something - a week or two of 'guy time' with the newly adopted son....that's pretty slick! Make sure you explain that when you get home who's in charge and such....we're guys - he'll understand!
Still - I'm impressed!
aus and family
Post a Comment
<< Home