Adoption News

Local Time

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Medical Exam

Andon had his medical exam this morning. Because he is older he had to get 4 shots. Bob (our guide) said that there was an older girl who had to get shots and it took 4 people to hold her still so she could get them. Andon said he wasn't afraid and took it like a real man.


We came back from lunch and ran into Michael who was our Guangzhou guide the previous two times. He came and visited with us.

Of course, our stay wouldn't be complete unless we also met with Jane who just arrived today. She was our guide with Bowen in Xi'an.

My wife told me that there was one thing that I should never do. I am ashamed to admit it but I broke the one rule that should've never been broken. But in my defense I must say after trying to say some Chinese words with Andon like "nose" and "mouth" that he probably thinks he has the dumbest dad in the entire world--even more so than what a teenager would normally think. So when Andon was making rude noises on his arm with his mouth, I said the one phrase that I can remember from my fruitless attempts at learning Chinese. "Who passed gas?" Needless to say, he was really impressed with me after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter